November 2, 2021
How Digital Signage Fits into Unified Communications
EPISODE 74 | Sean Matthews, president & CEO of Visix, Inc.
Technology is approaching a more seamless experience for both users and communicators. The term unified communications (UC) can mean different things to different people, depending on whether they approach it from a technology or engagement perspective. Digital signage is a bridge between those two viewpoints.
New technologies and messaging techniques are emerging that will transform the way people interact with information and one another. By looking at what we use and how we got to where we are today, we can get a glimpse of the shape of things to come.
- Understand what unified communications means in different contexts
- Learn how unified communications differs from multichannel and omnichannel approaches
- Explore how past technologies point the way towards the future
- Discover how digital signage is a key element in emerging UC ecosystems
- Hear how companies like Visix stay relevant to their clients in a constantly shifting market
See the transcript HERE
Learn more in our Masterclass Guide: Digital Signage Systems Overview Guide
May 4, 2021
Feeding the Face-to-Face Channel
EPISODE 61 | Guest: Ray Walsh, communications consultant & author of the book Localizing Employee Communications
You work hard to manage digital signage, emails, intranets and other communication channels, but you might be neglecting the most important one of all: the face-to-face channel.
In this episode, we talk with internal communications expert Ray Walsh. He gives us practical advice on how to prepare managers and team leaders to share your campaigns so that they generate buzz and word of mouth. We walk through a real-world example and how to lay the groundwork for your internal communications to make your messaging much more effective.
- Understand why digital channels aren’t enough
- Hear why managers and team leaders are critical to success
- Explore why context is essential for engagement
- Discover how to make your communications sharable
- Find out how to be an active recipient
See the full transcript HERE
Get more communications advice from Ray's website and blog. Check out Ray’s book Localizing Employee Communications at Amazon or direct from XML Press.
April 20, 2021
Internal Communication Trends for 2021
EPISODE 60 | Guest: Debbie DeWitt, marketing & communications manager for Visix, Inc.
A new study by Gallagher on internal communication trends gives insights into the changing landscape of reaching employees and keeping them engaged. We take a look at a few of the findings – the good and the bad – and discuss possible reasons for why respondents said what they said. Along the way, we examine what organizations can do in the near future to improve their messaging, and how IC is changing in the coming years.
- Examine new priorities for internal communication (IC) and employee experience (EX)
- Hear how IC, HR and the C-suite are using new tools, tech and training
- Understand the growth of digital, interactive, multisensory and omnichannel comms
- Consider how new technologies, channels and content will impact IC strategies
- Learn how to expand measurement beyond reach to evaluate outcomes
See the full transcript HERE
For more IC stats from the study, see our infographic: 30 New IC Statistics
You can also read the entire Gallagher study here: State of the Sector 2021: The definitive global survey of the internal communication and employee engagement landscape.